Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 11 October 2020.
Table of Contents
- Other Applicable Terms
- Information About Us
- Changes To These Terms
- Accessing Our Site
- Your Account And Password
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Terms Of Using Our Materials
- Subscriptions To Our Site
- Limitation Of Our Liability
- Your Content
- Content Standards
- Linking To Our Site
- Prohibited Uses
- Suspension And Termination
- Contact Us
Any reference to “you” in these Terms includes yourself and any person that accessed or uses the Site and the services we make available via the Site (the “Services”) on your behalf, whether as a guest or a registered user.
a “user” means a person who uses our platform (whether or not registered with us).
Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Site and you will be required to read and accept these terms when registering on our Site. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
2. Other applicable terms
3. Information about us
Our site, www.simplestudying.com is owned and operated by the company which is registered in England and Wales under company number 12373336 and has its registered office at Launch Lab, Franklin Building, 4th Floor, 124 Goswell Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 7DP.
To contact us, please click here.
4. Changes to these Terms
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time for any changes, as they are binding on you upon your first use of the Site after the changes have been introduced. In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and any previous version(s), the provisions that are current and in effect will prevail (unless it is expressly stated otherwise).
5. Accessing our Site
- We do not guarantee that our Services, Our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on an “as is” temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site or Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be free of technological errors at all times which may disturb core functionalities of the platform. The users acknowledge that technical problems occur and we may not be able to always deliver uninterrupted services to our users due to technical problems. If due to technological failure, any of the features of our Site stops working for some time, we shall not be liable to you. However, we guarantee that if a technical error arises which is disturbing any of the core functionalities of the Site we will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can contact us if you are experiencing any problem using our Site and we will try to help you at our earliest convenience.
- We are providing materials that are designed in accordance with English LLB law degree. If a user is undertaking a legal course in another jurisdiction or studying common law outside the UK, it is fully user’s responsibility to check the suitability of our content. It is the user’s responsibility to check the table of contents of our notes. We exclude liability for any loss that may arise from the purchase of our subscription that does not fit a user’s needs.
6. Your account and Password
- You must be at least 18 years old to use our Site. Any registration by, use of, or access to our Site by under the age of 18 is unauthorised and is in breach of these Terms. In using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
- Your username and password or any other piece of information available to you as part of our security procedures, must be treated as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username and password, you must promptly notify us by our contact us form. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account.
7. Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Material on our Site
- We are the owner of all intellectual property rights on our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyrights laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved and, subject to the below, you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, sub-license, store, or in any other manner re-use content from our Site unless given express written permission to do so by us.
- You are allowed to use our materials and services for educational use only.
- If you print off, copy, download, or screenshot any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at out option return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- You will also be liable to pay any damages incurred to us due to your use of our materials in breach of the provisions of the present terms.
8. Terms of using our materials
- We are supplying users with written materials that are researched and developed by exceptionally successful law students and law graduates: notes, case summaries, quizzes, model essays, tutorial videos, flashcards, exam and revision tips. The user acknowledges that we exclude liability for any minor error that may be found in our materials. We also exclude liability for the result of any such inaccuracies upon the user’s final piece of work and grade.
- The user acknowledges that we update and develop our materials when important law reforms take place or important changes occur in LLB degree. We are a small team and it takes time for us to update everything. Thus, we may delay updating any recent important changes in law. We will not be liable to you or any other users for not being able to deliver up to date materials at all times.
- The user agrees that the materials we provide are developed according to the common lecture outlines of the UK LLB law degree. Since the syllabus may vary from one university to another, we exclude liability for any missed information on our materials.
- The user agrees that due to overwhelming amount of materials and limited staff available for us, it is possible that we miss any new development of the law or important information from our notes. It is completely user’s responsibility to check that our materials covers all the information they need. We exclude liability for missing any information on our materials.
- The user agrees that their use of our materials and services is made wholly on their own initiative and free decision. We will not be responsible or liable whatsoever for user’s use of our materials and services if such use violates user’s university or other educational institution’s policies. The user assumes responsibility for the examination of the rules and policies of the educational institution which they attend and ensures that use of our services do not violate any of these policies.
- User agrees that our material and services may only be used for educational purposes. Activities such as sending our materials to third parties, placing them online publicly or resale, submitting it to your university as your work, or exchanging login details are strictly prohibited. Any individual found performing such acts will be liable to pay damages for any loss incurred to us due to the user’s breach of Terms.
- The user acknowledges our right to discontinue sale of our materials and services/to prematurely end a subscription where it is believed that a user has violated the Terms.
- Our material is created purely and solely for educational assistance and is not to be used as legal advice. The information and opinions contained on this website or inside the premium content documents are for educational purposes only and are not intended to constitute legal or any other professional advice. We exclude liability for any kind of loss which may arise from reliance on the information published on our website.
- The user is wholly aware that any view or statement expressed by us, either on our website or elsewhere, does not constitute advice to the user about the suitability of their use of our products or services, but rather these views and statements are ‘opinions’.
- We do not guarantee that our content will cover user’s full syllabus or will reach user’s subjective quality standard.
- We are providing material that is designed in accordance with English LLB law degree. If a user is undertaking a legal course in another jurisdiction or studying common law outside the UK, it is fully user’s responsibility to check the suitability of our content. It is the user’s responsibility to check the content of our notes. We exclude liability for any loss that may arise from the purchase of our subscription that does not fit a user’s needs.
- We are providing model essays for our subscribers that may only be used for educational purposes. Users are strictly prohibited from submitting our essays as a representation of their own work. We exclude liability from any circumstances which may arise from users’ unauthorised behaviour.
- We do not guarantee that through use of our products and services the user will get the grades they desire. Getting high grades depend on grasping the materials we provide, using our services regularly and understanding the correct application of your knowledge that we explain in detail. We exclude liability for any undesired grades that the user may receive despite using our services.
9. Subscriptions to our Site
- We provide 4 levels of subscription: basic (free) membership, Premium membership for one month (£15 before August 2020 and £10 after), Premium membership for 3 months (£40 before August 2020 and £25 after), and finally, Premium membership for 1 year (£120 before August 2020 and £90 after).
- We offer a free trial for premium subscriptions for 2 days. During the free trial you will not be charged. If you do not cancel your subscription during the free trial, you acknowledge that we have a right to take the payment for the chosen membership plan without notifying you.
- Trials are offered only once for only one level of subscription. Thus, if you trial with the monthly subscription your trial will not be extended if you change your subscription level to annual before the trial expires. You will be charged directly if you subscribe second time even if the trial period is still not over.
- Payments for our premium subscription shall be recurring until a user cancels their subscription through ‘Your Membership’ link.
- You agree that once a premium account subscription is purchased, it cannot be refunded. You must make the payment in full for any outstanding fees. You have provided your payment details and you accept that we charge you using such payment details. If you do not want this charge, you must cancel your premium subscription by ‘Your Membership’ link at the bottom of the Site.
- If you cancel your premium subscription you will still remain a premium subscriber until the date your previously purchased premium subscription plan expires. When your plan expires, your premium subscription will be downgraded to basic (free) level subscription and you will no longer be charged from that moment.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw features, specifications, services and content of our premium subscriptions at any time, without notice to you. Please note that the content and features of subscriptions may vary based on when you signed up.
- We may, at our own sole discretion, offer trials of premium subscriptions for a specified period with payment or at a discount rate. We reserve the right to revoke the trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. For some Trials, we will require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. We will charge you on a recurring basis for the selected subscription fee at the end of the Trial using the payment details you have provided us, unless you cancel your subscription prior to the end of the Trial.
- If free trial is offered and used, it shall only be used once by a user. The acts like creating different accounts to use the free trial multiple times is strictly prohibited. If such acts comes to the attention of our team, we reserve the right to charge the person the subscription fee for the time that he used our services.
- SimpleStudying may change the price for the premium subscriptions from time to time, and will communicate any price changes to you in advance, and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes for Paid subscriptions will take place at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. As permitted by local law, you accept the new price by continuing to use the SimpleStudying services after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the premium subscription prior to the price change going into effect in which case you will be downgraded to SimpleStudying basic subscription.
- We do not provide any refunds if the price for premium subscriptions drops, or if we offer subsequent promotional pricing or change the content or features of the premium subscription.
- If we reduce pricing for any period of time, it will not apply automatically to all our members. It is upon you to change the subscription plan with the new pricing if you want the discounted price to apply to you.
10. Limitation of our Liability
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our Site and Services or the use of or reliance upon our Services or any content included on our Site.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our Services, Site or any content on it, whether express or implied, including any guarantee that out Site will meet your requirements.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use our Site;
- Use of reliance on our Services or any content displayed on our Site;
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We accept no responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events or acts of war.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under our control. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- The Site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
- If you purchase services from our Site, additional limitations and exclusion of liability will apply, which are set out in our Terms and Conditions and are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
11. Your content
Content that you post using our Services is your content, and includes (but is not limited to) anything you post using our Services such as usernames, profile pictures, photos, descriptions, comments, posts or any other information or file you share in our chatroom (“Your Content”). We do not make any claim to Your Content. Your Content must comply with the Content Standards in paragraph 11 below.
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You warrant that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or uploading it to the Site. You agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us as a result of your breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting, submitting or transmitting Your Content on or via our Site, you grant us a license to use it. We do not claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help us function and grow. That way, we will not infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can promote Your Content and use it to deliver our Services to you.
- Rights You Grant to us. By posting Your Content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative words of Your Content to operate and promote the Site, in any formats and through any channels, including across any third-party website or advertising medium. Your Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. If content that you own or have rights to (including Your Content) has been posted to the Site without your permission and you want it removed, please contact us here. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We will notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. There are certain types of content that we do not want posted via the Site (for business or legal purposes). You agree that you will post only law-related matters on our chatroom. Posting content which is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of the Terms including Content Standards under paragraph 11, is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to restrict access to our Site to a user who is found to be in violation of this provision and do not reimburse for any paid subscription.
You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Site in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for Your Content or the accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
12. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you upload or contribute to our Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it (chatroom). You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contributions as to its whole.
- Be law related;
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer science.
We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in any posts, comments or other content posted by users. Any such opinions, views or values are those of the relevant user and do not reflect our opinions, views, or values in any way.
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, false traffics to overload our server or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. A breach of this provision is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
14. Linking to our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- You must note establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice;
- The website to which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards paragraph set out in paragraph 11 (Content Standards);
- If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us here.
15. Prohibited uses
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with out content standards described in paragraph 11;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our Site in contravention of these Terms;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any party of our Site;
- Any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Site;
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to impersonate or otherwise fraudulently represent yourself as another individual or representative of a company or business with which you have no affiliation.
16. Suspension and termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms. Where a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we consider appropriate, including any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site (including suspension or termination of your account);
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- Issues of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- You agree to fully reimburse us for all losses (including loss of profit, revenue, goodwill or reputation), costs and expenses arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other act or omission by you in using the Site or by any other person accessing the Site using your personal information with your authority that results in any legal responsibility on our part to any third party.
- If your account is terminated or deactivated (by you or by us), your photos, comments and all other data uploaded and pertaining to your account (including Your Content) will no longer be accessible through your account, but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Site (for example if Your Content has been re-shared by other users).
- We encourage you to remain your own backup of Your Content. We are not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Site for the purposes of backup or storage of Your Content. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to keep Your Content secure, we do not guarantee that others will not gain access to your information or that Your Content will be stored safely. You acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content of other information may not be secure.
- Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. We will not lose our rights under these Terms by reason of any delay by us in enforcing those rights.
- If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Terms, and all incorporated documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire agreement as to your use of and our provision of the Site and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral.
- You acknowledge that, in entering into this agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any incorporated documents referred to herein.
If any dispute arises in connection with this Agreement, the Parties will attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the CEDR Model Mediation Procedure. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator will be nominated by CEDR. To initiate the mediation, one party must give notice in writing (“ADR notice”) to the other party to the dispute requesting mediation. A copy of the request should be sent to CEDR. The party will refer the dispute to CEDR for mediation within 14 days of the ADR notice. Neither party shall be able to recover any costs from any other in relation to the mediation, notwithstanding the subsequent issue of proceedings.
19. Applicable law
These Terms shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
20. Contact us
To contact us, please use our contact us form.
Thank you for visiting our Site.